The beginning of September in language arts will be focused on introducing and practicing literary devices that we will explore all year, specifically the dramatic story arc, theme, mood, foreshadowing, and hubris. The remainder of the month will be spent jumping into our first book, Gilgamesh the Hero, which is an adaptation of the ancient text The Epic of Gilgamesh. While reading this story, we will explore whether Gilgamesh should be considered heroic and whether or not he displays hubris. Our first writing assignment will involve writing a paragraph which highlights how Gilgamesh changed throughout the text.
- Last History Quiz June 1, 2018
- Commonly Misspelled Words I June 1, 2018
- Lower School Homework Club End Date – Monday, June 4! May 31, 2018
- June in Language Arts May 31, 2018
- Chapter 10 science test – Mon, June 4th May 25, 2018
- Lesson 35 May 25, 2018
- Last Quarter History Exam May 23, 2018
- History Quiz on Friday, May 25th, 2018 May 21, 2018
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org