The beginning of September in language arts will be focused on introducing and practicing literary devices that we will explore all year, specifically the dramatic story arc, theme, mood, foreshadowing, and hubris. The remainder of the month will be spent jumping into our first book, Gilgamesh the Hero, which is an adaptation of the ancient text The Epic of Gilgamesh. While reading this story, we will explore whether Gilgamesh should be considered heroic and whether or not he displays hubris. Our first writing assignment will involve writing a paragraph which highlights how Gilgamesh changed throughout the text.
- Lesson 22 February 15, 2018
- 5th Grade Memorization February 13, 2018
- February in Language Arts February 13, 2018
- Opera for the Young February 13, 2018
- Pennies for Patients February 9, 2018
- Lesson 21 February 9, 2018
- Science Video – ch.7 – Mutations February 7, 2018
- History Quiz on Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018 February 6, 2018
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org