The school year started with a “literary boot camp” in language arts. We spent the first few weeks learning about many of the literary devices that we will apply to texts this year, including the dramatic story arc, mood, theme, and foreshadowing. We read many short stories and fairy tales in order to learn more about these various devices. We recently started Gilgamesh the Hero, which is a rewriting of one of the world’s oldest stories. Throughout this text, we will be questioning whether Gilgamesh could be found guilty of hubris and whether Gilgamesh should be considered a hero. We will continue our journey with Gilgamesh right on into October.
- Lesson 22 – Prefixes February 21, 2019
- Crazy Sock Day! February 19, 2019
- History Quiz Chapters 8-9 February 14, 2019
- Lesson 21 – Prefixes February 14, 2019
- Pennies for Patients extension February 14, 2019
- Ch.8 Science Test February 13, 2019
- Lesson 20 – ir, in, il and im February 11, 2019
- Assembly time change February 7, 2019
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org