The school year started with a “literary boot camp” in language arts. We spent the first few weeks learning about many of the literary devices that we will apply to texts this year, including the dramatic story arc, mood, theme, and foreshadowing. We read many short stories and fairy tales in order to learn more about these various devices. We recently started Gilgamesh the Hero, which is a rewriting of one of the world’s oldest stories. Throughout this text, we will be questioning whether Gilgamesh could be found guilty of hubris and whether Gilgamesh should be considered a hero. We will continue our journey with Gilgamesh right on into October.
- Lesson 35 – abbreviations May 24, 2019
- Lesson 34 – Homonyms and Hurdle Words May 16, 2019
- Non-uniform day May 15, 2019
- Lesson 33 – Plurals May 9, 2019
- Lesson 32 – Suffixes to words ending in y May 2, 2019
- Lesson 31 – adding suffixes to words ending in e April 25, 2019
- Lesson 29 – suffixes –ion, -ation, -ition, -ance, -ence, -ive, and –ity April 18, 2019
- Spring conferences April 8, 2019
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org