The school year started with a “literary boot camp” in language arts. We spent the first few weeks learning about many of the literary devices that we will apply to texts this year, including the dramatic story arc, mood, theme, and foreshadowing. We read many short stories and fairy tales in order to learn more about these various devices. We recently started Gilgamesh the Hero, which is a rewriting of one of the world’s oldest stories. Throughout this text, we will be questioning whether Gilgamesh could be found guilty of hubris and whether Gilgamesh should be considered a hero. We will continue our journey with Gilgamesh right on into October.
- Chapter 2 Science Study Guide October 15, 2018
- Chapter 2 Science Test October 10, 2018
- First Quarter History Exam October 10, 2018
- Lesson 7 October 5, 2018
- Chapter 1 Science Test – Study Guide October 2, 2018
- October in Language Arts September 28, 2018
- Lesson 5 September 28, 2018
- Family/Community Resource Fair September 27, 2018
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org