The school year started with a “literary boot camp” in language arts. We spent the first few weeks learning about many of the literary devices that we will apply to texts this year, including the dramatic story arc, mood, theme, and foreshadowing. We read many short stories and fairy tales in order to learn more about these various devices. We recently started Gilgamesh the Hero, which is a rewriting of one of the world’s oldest stories. Throughout this text, we will be questioning whether Gilgamesh could be found guilty of hubris and whether Gilgamesh should be considered a hero. We will continue our journey with Gilgamesh right on into October.
- Science Chapter 5 Test Study Guide December 11, 2018
- Nova Book Week December 10, 2018
- History Test on Wednesday December 8, 2018
- Spelling Lesson 14 December 6, 2018
- Spelling Lesson 13 November 29, 2018
- Nova Book Week November 20, 2018
- Spelling Lesson 12 November 16, 2018
- Science Chapter 4 Test Study Guide November 15, 2018
Grades, attendance, and much more can be found online through Infinite Campus. Follow this link to the portal.
If you misplaced your authorization code or never received it from your child, please email AWhited@novaclassical.org